Longcoated German Shepherds
Welcome to the Longcoated German Shepherds Forum.
Welcome to the Longcoated German Shepherds Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners & admirers of Longcoated German Shepherds.

HomeHome  WelcomeWelcome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Location mapLocation map  

nail clippers and brushes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
samroxburgh

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-02-04

nail clippers and brushes Empty
PostSubject: nail clippers and brushes   nail clippers and brushes EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:07 am

hiya everyone,

i havent been on here for a while i have been out meeting parents of puppies that are due. i went to see some traditional gsd and the long coated gsds and i have definately decided that my heart well and truly lies with the long coats.
i am still collecting bits and pieces and would like to know if anyone out there has any preferences to nail clippers and brushes as there are quite a few choices out there and i keep trying to work out which are best for this breed. i am a little nervous about cutting dogs nails incase i hurt them

sam
Back to top Go down
stormlake1
Top Dog
Top Dog
stormlake1

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: nail clippers and brushes   nail clippers and brushes EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:22 am

Glad to hear you have decided on a hairy shepherd nail clippers and brushes Lol

Slicker brushes are good ..........rake combs are great the rotating ones work well nail clippers and brushes Icon_wink

You probably wont need to cut a adult dogs nails much as they usually keep worn down during excercise.....but if you do want to cut them get some "quick stop" in your kit nail clippers and brushes Icon_wink you will need to be carefull you dont catch the dogs quicks .
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormlake.co.uk
samroxburgh

PostSubject: Re: nail clippers and brushes   nail clippers and brushes EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:31 am

Hiya

i am so glad to hear that i shouldnt need to cut them that often as i was really worried in case i cut the quick but i will get some quick stop just in case. there was so many choices of brushes and having a long haired dog it would have to do more work. i will try and find the brushes you recommended. hope you dogs are keeping well Stormlake they are a credit to you.
Back to top Go down
stormlake1
Top Dog
Top Dog
stormlake1

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: nail clippers and brushes   nail clippers and brushes EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:30 am

nail clippers and brushes 563351 glad you liked the fur kids .
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormlake.co.uk
GentleBearsLesley
Top Dog
Top Dog
GentleBearsLesley

Number of posts : 2138
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: nail clippers and brushes   nail clippers and brushes EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 pm

Yep - i agree
Undercoat rake & slicker brush

If you find yourself without quick stop in a nail quick emergency you can use flour. It's not quite as good but it will help.

Sounds like you've had fun seeing everyone
Lesley
Back to top Go down
http://www.Gentlebearsgsd.co.uk
samroxburgh

PostSubject: Re: nail clippers and brushes   nail clippers and brushes EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 1:05 pm

i have thanks Lesley, i cant wait to get our own bundle of joy and mischief. it will be great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nail clippers and brushes   nail clippers and brushes Empty

Back to top Go down

nail clippers and brushes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Longcoated German Shepherds :: 2008 Calendar Competition archive-
Jump to: